- Taiwan Ministry of Education will facilitate an orientation in the middle of August upon teachers’ arrival in Taiwan.
- Information of the orientation will be distributed to teachers before their departures to Taiwan.
- The agenda of the orientation may include:
- Introduction of life in Taiwan
- Suggestions to foreign teachers
- Hot topics for foreign teachers (e.g. tax, housing, cell phone, driver’s license,etc.)
- Short lesson of survival Chinese
- Suggestions of teaching English in Taiwan (e.g. lesson plan, classroom management, etc.),
- Excursion to cultural sites
- Signing of Employment Contract
MOE Foreign English Teacher Recruitment Project
2016 In-Service Training
Nation Academy for Education Research (NAER), Taichung Branch
No.67, Shifan St., Fengyuan Dist., Taichung City 420, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
January 25th ~27th (Monday to Wednesday), 2016
For the three-day in-service training, FETs are invited to share their teaching activities and teaching experiences. Each teacher will have 20 minutes, including 5 mins for playing teaching videos, 10 mins for presentation and last 5 mins for Q&A. If the presentation is accompanied by a powerpoint, that would be wonderful. Please submit your presentation materials by Jan 5, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please save the files as “date+presenter’s name” ie, “20160125Jane.ppt” or “20160125Jane.wmv”)
We don’t strictly regulate the content and form of your presentation. However, we would like to see the following:
- Interesting and practical teaching activities. (You may demonstrate by video clip)
- Co-teaching experience, either before-class or after-class . (You may demonstrate by video clip)
- Difficulties encountered when teaching in Taiwan.
- One of your co-teacher should come and present with you. Even if you teach independently at school, please come with a domestic English teacher who usually discusses lesson plans with you.
- We will meet at Fengyuan train station. A shuttle bus will pick up and take us to NAER. Your school should take care of the ticket(from your school to Fengyuan train station)
- We will depart at 16:00 on Jan 27th together. A shuttle bus will send us to Fengyuan train station. Because not every FET will go back to school directly, please discuss with your school about the reimbursement of the return ticket.
- We will stay in the dorm in NAER. Please prepare your own cup and personal toiletry.